This is from the Epicurious website - I've tried it a few times and it's actually a recipe that makes me like brown rice.
• 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp unsalted butter
• 1 large shallot, minced
• 1 cup brown basmati or long-grain brown rice
• 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, finely chopped (divided use)
• 2 cups natural fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp lemon zest (grated peel)
• 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
1. Add the oil and butter to a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter melts, add the shallot and saute for 1 minute. Add the rice and 2 Tbsp pistachios. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
2. Increase the heat to high. Add the broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest and salt. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp pistachios.
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 1 fat; 220 calories, 62 calories from fat, 7 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 36 g total carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugars, 7 g protein.