Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/4 cups
Calories: 17.8 • Fat: 0 g • Protein: 2.6 g • Carb: 1.7 g • Fiber: 0.1 g
- 2 cups Yogurt cheese - Large container fat free yogurt strained of liquid makes 2 cups of yogurt cheese
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and seeded, grated and drained of all liquid
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Scoop seeds out of the cucumber with a small spoon Grate with a cheese grater. Drain the liquid from the cucumber in a metal strainer sprinkle with a little salt (this helps release the liquid). You may want to use the back of a spoon to help squeeze out any excess liquid. You can also squeeze over sink in a clean kitchen towel or cheese cloth.
Combine strained cucumber, garlic, yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon juice, dill, and optional chives & oil and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. best overnight to let taste blend together.
Once ingredients are combined transfer back into Original yogurt container and date expiry for 1 week.
Makes about 3 cups. Store in refrigerator for about a week.
This is one of my staples. I love Tzatziki. Great on salads, chicken, wraps, burgers, fish, the list goes on. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!